Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Greatest Journey Begins...

All journeys must begin with a single step.  For those who have followed my story, you know I have been on a helluva ride already for the past 6 years, but after what has probably been the longest break from riding and horses within that period, this feels a bit like a new beginning.

I am very excited to announce my "Northwest to Normandy" Campaign.  My goal is to represent the United States at the World Equestrian Games in Normandy, France in 2014.   While I have literally been all over the country, and all over the world in competition, now more than ever I realize the importance of my home.  My Northwest horse community has been tireless supporters, and I want to recognize what an incredible group of horse people, trainers, philanthropists, and cheerleaders we have here.  I also want to help inspire the next generation of competitors to get out there, make the leap, and chase their dreams.

I also want to underscore what an incredible journey this will be.  A journey of incredible distance.  One that will take me from my home in the Northwest, not only across the country, but across the ocean for qualifiers and competitions in just 12 short months.

I hope to use this blog to keep everyone involved as the story unfolds.

The first step begins today.

No comments:

Post a Comment